Please be aware all January Exams will be going ahead as planned. Please check your Edulink Exam Timetable Tab for dates, times and venues. **Note if your timetable is blank , you do not have any scheduled exams. Only those showing exams must attend.
Important information regarding January exams
As you are aware the Government has said that the exams scheduled for January can proceed at the discretion of the school. As these exams involve small groups of students and with due consideration to how hard our students have prepared for these we have made the decision that these exams will still go ahead as planned.
Year 11 and 13 – Please note if you are unable to attend then please be reassured that the exam boards have made the commitment that students will not be disadvantaged and the exam board will award a grade for any student who is unable to take their exams and has enough evidence to receive a certificate that they need for their next steps . Students unable to take their assessment this January may be able to take their assessment at a later date but there is no confirmation of this at the moment. If that is not possible, we will put in place arrangements to ensure you are not disadvantaged.
Year 10 and 12 – Please note if you are unable to attend then please be reassured that there will be an opportunity to take the exam in the summer or failing that, January 22
However we would like to draw your attention to the following important measures which have been put in place to ensure the safety of our students, the members of staff involved and the wider community.
We would ask students to please to note the following important points ;
• Arrive 15 minutes before the start of the exam.
• Walk to school alone or with only one other person and stay 2m apart in line with the current lockdown regulations.
• If they travel on public transport they should travel alone
• On arrival at school students will be asked to adhere to 2m social distancing and wash/sanitise their hands
• Students will wear face masks until seated in the exam room
• Exam desks will be 2m apart and all facing the same way
• Please bring their own equipment and bottle of water.
• At the end of the exams students will again wash/sanitise their hands
Thank you for your support with these measures and we look forward to welcoming students and offer our usual reassurances and encouragement prior to the exams.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the school.