HEALTH RISK WARNING FOR STUDENTS WEARING MAGNETS AS FAKE PIERCINGS - Abbeyfield School

We would like to make parents aware that a small number of students have been using powerful magnets to mimic piercings. Please be aware that if swallowed this can be very dangerous and can cause significant health problems. This is a particular risk if students are wearing them on their tongue.

If students are found to be wearing magnets during school time, we will be asking them to remove them under the supervision of our First Aid team.

The medical advice we have been provided with is that if you become aware that your child has swallowed these magnets you should seek immediate medical intervention.

go to calendar Previous
Next go to calendar