Students from disadvantaged backgrounds underachieve academically when compared to their non-disadvantaged peers. The pupil premium is additional funding to support these pupils to succeed at school.
- Diminish any gaps in attainment and progress outcomes between those students from disadvantaged backgrounds against national for non-disadvantaged by the end of Key Stage 4 (Year 11)
- Increase attainment and progress outcomes by disadvantaged students in English and Mathematics
- Reduce absence, lateness to school, exclusions and improve attitude to learning
- Ensure that there is equality of opportunity for all leavers through access to high quality curriculum, academic pathways, Post 16 destinations, enrichment opportunities and experiences
Disadvantaged criteria are:
- Pupils who have registered for Free School Meals (FSM) at any point in the last six years
- Pupils who are looked after by the local authority for more than six months
- Pupils whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces
The level of premium in 2021-22 is £955 per pupil.
Priorities and Aims.
Please click here to download a copy of our Priorities and Aims document.
Annual Pupil Premium Report.
Please click here to download a copy of our Annual Pupil Premium Impact Report for September 2020/21.
For enquires regarding the Pupil Premium please email ABS-PupilPremium@abbeyfieldschool.org.uk