Uniform - Abbeyfield School
Our current school uniform was introduced in September 2014; please be aware that a number of items are only available from our school uniform supplier Stevensons. These items have been marked with an * for your reference. These can be purchased online by registering here.
The School Uniform consists of:
- Full length, plain black trousers (those with embellishment, skinny fit trousers, jeans and leggings will not be permitted). To view examples of suitable and unsuitable black trousers, please click here.
- Plain black pleated skirt*
- Shoes should be sensible, low, heeled, black, clean and polished. Buckles, insignia or black trainers are not permitted. To view examples of suitable and unsuitable black shoes, please click here.
- Black socks (ankle or knee length with skirts)
- Plain white shirt
- School tie*
- Black sleeveless slip pullover with purple detailing in the V-neck*
- Embroidered grey blazer*
- Winter coats must be waterproof and a dark, plain colour
- Girls’ winter boots are not allowed to be worn with skirts. Black boots can be worn under trousers only and they must be polishable and without a heel
Please note that:
- Extreme hair colouring or shaved areas are not permitted. Facial piercings are not permitted and any students wearing them will be asked to remove them
- Only a modest amount of make-up is permitted and it should be subtle and natural looking (e.g. a light covering of foundation is permitted for the purpose of covering blemishes)
- A watch and no more than one stud earring in each earlobe are the only acceptable items of jewellery. Additional jewellery will be confiscated.
- Facial piercings and additional earrings must be removed or they will be confiscated.
- Hoodies must not be worn on the school site and denim coats and jackets must not be worn while on the school premises.
Thank you for your continued support in ensuring your child is dressed in the correct uniform.
Our school PE kit consists of:
- Black and purple short sleeved sports top or rugby top*
- Black and purple shorts or skirt*
- Long sleeved black and purple games top*/ plain black ¾ micro fibre fleece*
- Non-marking trainers (suitable for indoor use) and football boots/astro-turf trainers (suitable for use on grass and the all-weather pitch)
- Students may also wear plain black track suit bottoms or sports leggings; any logo must not be bigger than a £2 coin.
- Plain black fleece (not a hoody)
- Black and purple skirt*
- Black and purple rugby shirt*
- Black football socks
Items marked with an * may only be purchased from our dedicated uniform supplier, Stevensons, and are available through their dedicated website: https://www.stevensons.co.uk/Schools/abbeyfield-school-northampton/283
Existing students who have our old style navy PE t-shirt, navy shorts or tracksuit bottoms are more than welcome to continue to wear their existing kit for as long as it is fit for purpose. If any of this navy kit has a logo or stripes that are bigger than a £2 coin, we would ask that they be replaced with black ones. Grey joggers are not allowed. As current kit wears out, it is expected that new purchases must be made from the new black uniform range as above.
All students are advised in their first PE lesson that they are to bring kit to PE even if they are excused from participating practically. The reason for this is that we would like ‘excused’ students to take on the role of an official or a coach. (The only exception is if they have a broken bone.)
Please note that any jewellery and other valuable items brought into school are done so at the owner’s risk and the school will not be responsible for damage to or loss of such items.