Admission Arrangements for September 2019
Admissions arrangements Abbeyfield School for 18/19:
Abbeyfield School will admit 240 pupils in Year 7. Abbeyfield School will allocate places to pupils with an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) where Abbeyfield School, after consultation with the Local Authority, has been named on the EHCP as appropriate provision.
The admissions policy for Abbeyfield School follows the Co-ordinated Admission Scheme for Secondary Schools in the Area of Northamptonshire. Parents will need to complete a Common Application Form and submit it to the Local Authority.
Places will be allocated to pupils who have an EHC Plan that names the school as appropriate provision. When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
1. Children in public care (looked after children) or previously in public care.
2. Children of Staff at Abbeyfield School where any of the following are met:
- The member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the academy is made.
- The member of staff is appointed to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage, applications can only be made once the member of staff accepts the offer of employment;
3. Pupils who will have an older brother or sister continuing at Abbeyfield School at the time of admission of the younger child;
4. Pupils who live closer to Abbeyfield School than any other school;
5. Other pupils.
If the admission number is exceeded within any criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school using NCC’s Geographical Information System.
If two pupils live exactly the same distance away from the school, random allocation will be used as an additional tiebreak to decide who has the highest priority for admission.
A full copy of the Admissions Policy can be viewed by clicking here.