Abbeyfield School will be closed on Mon 11th Dec
This decision has been taken to ensure the safety of students and staff in highly inclement, snowy and icy conditions today and overnight. We have taken this decision in plenty of time so that you can make plans for tomorrow. We hope to reopen on Tuesday 12th December. Please note that the school trip to London has also been cancelled. Please accept our apologies.
Welcome to Abbeyfield School, a larger than average 11-18 school based on the outskirts of Northampton near to the M1 motorway.
We are immensely proud of our school and, as part of the Creative Education Trust (CET), the focus on the Design Curriculum. Creativity, problem solving and innovation are at the heart of our approach to learning and at the heart of the UK economy. We are constantly challenged and supported by CET to raise the outcomes of our students and to prepare them to be good citizens of the future.
The facilities at the school are outstanding. Students recognise this and are proud to be part of Abbeyfield School. They work hard and readily accept our values of politeness and hard work. Equally impressive are our staff who go the extra mile to ensure that every student has the opportunity to succeed regardless of need.
Abbeyfield seeks to be at the centre of the community, good relationships between families and the school are essential in order that our young people make outstanding progress and prepare confidently for their next steps into higher education or the world of work
After School Activities:
All after school clubs run fro...
Sixth Form Parents' Evening - Thursday 23 November:
At the Sixth Form Parents’ Eve...
Abbeyfield Bake Off - Thursday 16th November:
Letter from the Principal:
To view the letter from David ...
Diary Dates :
To view diary dates for your i...
Year 7 Attitude to Learning Evening - Thursday 2 November 2017:
The Year 7 Attitude to Learnin...
Year 11 Exam Preparation Evening :
Last night we held an Exam Pre...
Year 11 Winter 2017 PPE Timetable :
Please click here to view the ...
Isambard Kingdom Brunel was one of the most versatile and audacious engineers of the 19th century.Read More
Susie Cooper was the pottery designer who changed the look of Wedgwood and whose work is even more valuable today.Read More
Humphry Davy was a British chemist best known for his experiments in electro-chemistry and his invention of a miner's safety lamp.Read More
Inigo Jones was the first notable English architect, responsible for introducing the classical architecture of Rome and the Italian Renaissance to Britain.Read More
Jean Muir, was the celebrated British fashion designer whose work is known for its classic, timeless and discreet quality.Read More
- Due to the heavy snowfall and the conditions on the school site we are unable to open tomorrow. Please accept our apologies.
- Our school website and social media feeds will be updated by no later than 7:30 tomorrow morning to confirm whether… https://t.co/YKzSsjS4bN
- Due to the adverse weather conditions the school trip to London tomorrow has been cancelled. Please accept our apologies.
Take A Tour
See our Galleries
- World Book Day: 2nd March 2017
- Abbeyfield sets New World Record: Number of High-Viz Vests worn in one Place- 24.11.15
- Around Abbeyfield School
- Remembrance Day - 11th November 2014
- Exams Results Day: August 2015
- First Day of Term: September 2015
- World Book Day- Thursday 3rd March 2016
- Bushcraft Residential: September 2016
- Awards Evening- September 2016
- 'Live Loung'e Evening: 4th May 2017