I am extremely privileged to be leading Abbeyfield School at this exciting time in its development. In September 2012, we were delighted to reopen as an 11-18 academy within the Creative Education Trust.
We are immensely proud of our school and in particular the new focus on the design curriculum which has been fostered by our relationship with our sponsor academy. The creative, problem-solving, innovation and making skills used in design, engineering, high-tech manufacturing and architecture are at the heart of our approach to learning because they are at the heart of the UK economy of the future.
Our educational philosophy is simple and uncompromising: We believe that challenging students to achieve academic results beyond their targets is vital in ensuring that they aim high in life. We know that students strive and learn in an environment where they feel safe and nurtured. We believe that all skills and talents should be recognised and celebrated within and beyond our curriculum.
My expectations of the staff at Abbeyfield are equally uncompromising: Staff, irrespective of their role, lead by example and act as positive role models for our students. We are determined to deliver the highest quality teaching and ensure the needs of all our students are met effectively.
Mrs C Morrell
Abbeyfield students Host and Officiate at primary School Basketball Final:
Year 9 Sports Leader, Tegan Mi...
Top Set English Students attend Saturday Masterclasses ahead of English GCSEs:
In their quest to secure for t...
Exam Season gets under way:
With the exam season now upon ...
May Half Term Revision Sessions for Year 11 & Sixth Form students:
To view or download the Revisi...
Local Area inspection of the effectiveness of 'SEND' in Northamptonshire County Council:
Ofsted and the Care Quality Co...
Exam Preparation- Useful Information booklet now available:
To view or download our inform...
'Live Lounge' evening performance- a resounding success!:
On Thursday the 4th of May, A...
New Head Boy, Head Girl and Student Leadership Team elected for 2017/18:
Congratulations to our newly ...
Isambard Kingdom Brunel was one of the most versatile and audacious engineers of the 19th century.Read More
Susie Cooper was the pottery designer who changed the look of Wedgwood and whose work is even more valuable today.Read More
Humphry Davy was a British chemist best known for his experiments in electro-chemistry and his invention of a miner's safety lamp.Read More
Inigo Jones was the first notable English architect, responsible for introducing the classical architecture of Rome and the Italian Renaissance to Britain.Read More
Jean Muir, was the celebrated British fashion designer whose work is known for its classic, timeless and discreet quality.Read More
- We are aware that now is the time when parents may have to replace items of uniform. See attached for a reminder of… https://t.co/eSDsf7ZIV5
- At the end of April Abbeyfield hosted one of the Primary School Basketball competitions for @NorthamptonSSP visit https://t.co/q6XhKPPCmk
- RT @CreativeEdTrust: Advice for young people upset by things they have seen in the news, from @BBCNewsround. https://t.co/MG3Xgg6PX0
Take A Tour
See our Galleries
- World Book Day: 2nd March 2017
- Abbeyfield sets New World Record: Number of High-Viz Vests worn in one Place- 24.11.15
- Around Abbeyfield School
- Remembrance Day - 11th November 2014
- Exams Results Day: August 2015
- First Day of Term: September 2015
- World Book Day- Thursday 3rd March 2016
- Bushcraft Residential: September 2016
- Awards Evening- September 2016
- 'Live Loung'e Evening: 4th May 2017