Tues 5th Sept-later start for some Year groups
Please note that for students in Years 8, 9, 10, 11 & 13, the start time on Tuesday 5th September is 10.45 a.m
I am extremely privileged to be leading Abbeyfield School at this exciting time in its development. In September 2012, we were delighted to reopen as an 11-18 academy within the Creative Education Trust.
We are immensely proud of our school and in particular the new focus on the design curriculum which has been fostered by our relationship with our sponsor academy. The creative, problem-solving, innovation and making skills used in design, engineering, high-tech manufacturing and architecture are at the heart of our approach to learning because they are at the heart of the UK economy of the future.
Our educational philosophy is simple and uncompromising: We believe that challenging students to achieve academic results beyond their targets is vital in ensuring that they aim high in life. We know that students strive and learn in an environment where they feel safe and nurtured. We believe that all skills and talents should be recognised and celebrated within and beyond our curriculum.
My expectations of the staff at Abbeyfield are equally uncompromising: Staff, irrespective of their role, lead by example and act as positive role models for our students. We are determined to deliver the highest quality teaching and ensure the needs of all our students are met effectively.
Mrs C Morrell
End of Year Student Reward – Wednesday 19 July 2017:
Students from the winning Hous...
Introduction from new Interim Principal, Mr Powell, and important information for the new Term:
As you all know, Mrs Morrell i...
Term Dates for academic year 2017/18:
To view or download the term ...
Sports Day –Thursday 13th July 2017:
Victorious! Winning House: J...
Bushcraft Residential Trip, September 2017- Kit List and Itinerary:
To view the kit list required ...
Oliwia, Lewis and Rosaria make the CET Photography finals in London:
The 2017 CET Photography fina...
Change to the structure of the School Day:
Dear Parents and Carers Out o...
Exam Results Days: August 2017:
Please click on the poster bel...
Isambard Kingdom Brunel was one of the most versatile and audacious engineers of the 19th century.Read More
Susie Cooper was the pottery designer who changed the look of Wedgwood and whose work is even more valuable today.Read More
Humphry Davy was a British chemist best known for his experiments in electro-chemistry and his invention of a miner's safety lamp.Read More
Inigo Jones was the first notable English architect, responsible for introducing the classical architecture of Rome and the Italian Renaissance to Britain.Read More
Jean Muir, was the celebrated British fashion designer whose work is known for its classic, timeless and discreet quality.Read More
- RT @Voices_Found: Rehearsals under way... the audience are in for a treat!! @CMacD82 @AbbeyfieldSch @AbbeyfieldMusic @WeaversAcademy https:…
- The photos from our Sports Day are available to view on Facebook, Please visit https://t.co/LSQRpTPqrR https://t.co/GrE9WoSa6l
- Don't forget, we are running a Pop-Up Uniform today from 5pm-7pm. For more information please visit… https://t.co/cGuOePNnGo
Take A Tour
See our Galleries
- World Book Day: 2nd March 2017
- Abbeyfield sets New World Record: Number of High-Viz Vests worn in one Place- 24.11.15
- Around Abbeyfield School
- Remembrance Day - 11th November 2014
- Exams Results Day: August 2015
- First Day of Term: September 2015
- World Book Day- Thursday 3rd March 2016
- Bushcraft Residential: September 2016
- Awards Evening- September 2016
- 'Live Loung'e Evening: 4th May 2017